Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Clean: A New Series

Clean: God, Guilt, and Us
a new series @720


I'm writing a new series for 720, the college and young adult worship and bible study at my church. We're going to be looking at forgiveness in the Bible, answering questions like, "What does God do with sin?" "Must I always feel guilty?" "Can I ever be clean?" "What does God want from me?"

One text at a time, we will be developing a biblical understanding of forgiveness. I will post a few extra references and some of my thoughts that don't fit in the lesson each week here on my blog.

When I teach, Satan attacks me at the weak point of my study. He reminds me of the past, throwing guilt and shame my way. His big lie is that if I can't forget, then God can't either. When you think of it, pray for me. I love to teach and feel this is one reason God made me, but it's not easy.

If you're in the area, please come. This will be my last series before moving to Austin.

Thursdays @7:20pm
Wedgwood Baptist Church
Fort Worth, TX

No comments: