Thursday, August 28, 2008

My New Bio

This is my staff bio for my church's website. Emma and I wrote it late one night. I've dreamed about writing a bio for a book, and I think this is what I would use if I had a book being published right now. They read this to introduce me to the church also. It fits me.
Born in OK, Joseph has since lived in 9 cities in 5 states. Now he has settled in Austin and plans to stick around.

He graduated with a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Bryan College and spent a year and a half at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary before moving to Austin. He ministers to college students and wants to get his Ph.D in Philosophy because he believes college students are making critical choices about God, themselves, and the world.

Joseph married Emma in June 2008. They love games, good food, logic puzzles, movies, air guitar, reading, and caffeine-free Dr. Pepper.

His major influences include C.S. Lewis, John Piper, St. Augustine, and Dr. Suess. From his dad he acquired a love of coffee, competition, and people-focused ministry. From his mom he gained a love of pancakes, writing, and good conversation. From his wife he learned how to stop and have fun and what grace looks like.

No comments: