Monday, August 11, 2008

Two Months Late and Other Thoughts

  • Do you ever read something that strikes you as two months too late? The kind of thing that makes you think, "If only I'd read this _____ ago"? Something I read in Mark Batterson's Wild Goose Chase did that for me yesterday. I'll finish and review the book later this week.
  • I finished two books last week. John Piper's Let the Nations Be Glad and James Calvin Schaap's Romey's Place.
  • Unintentionally, I read a lot of Piper's writings this last year, so my thoughts are soaked in his teaching. I'm thankful for that and looking forward to soaking in a couple of different writers for the 08/09 year.
  • Romey's Place was so simply and deftly written that it's power surprised me. Schaap saved his best for last and blew me away in the last sentences of the last page. I'll try to review it later this week.

No comments: