Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Storm's Breaking: part 2

Another thing that silenced the lies that drove me to despair and gave me hope again was recreating the one true big story that really tells me about God, myself, the world, and the future.


A friend of mine from college said in worship one night months ago that in worship we need to revisit the great story that silences all the noise we hear each day that tries to tell us who we are, where we came from, and where we're going. That noise is in the movies we watch, books we read, and gossip we overhear.


All those little stories are crushed by the weight of God's big story of creation, fall, redemption, and consummation. I hope you find the life in that story. When heard, sung, confessed, and wept over in worship, that story silences the lies that torture(d) me.






No comments: