Friday, November 09, 2007

Today, I was sitting at the bus stop. Yes, that's where I've been over the last two weeks when I have to go somewhere. My car died, poor thing. Riding the bus has been hard on my pride, but I sat there thinking about the last two weeks and the next few months.


I know this will end. I will not be car-less for much longer. I just can't be because I'm moving outside of bus-range.


But I resolved that I will not be happier when I have a car, when my work is rewarded, or when I have peace and rest.


Sitting at the bus stop, I resolved that my happiness will never be based on conditions. It will be based on a person.


Even if I starve to death, “Yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.”

Habakkuk 3:17-18


I couldn't learn this lesson when everything was going right. For that lesson and resolution, I'm thankful that these two weeks have been so hard and humiliating.


“We cannot explain why we must endure it all. But we know we do not endure it alone for God comes, as Habakkuk learned, and he suffers it all with us, as the Cross reveals, and he makes us more than conquerors. AND I WILL EXULT IN THE GOD OF MY SALVATION.” --Donald E. Gowan

1 comment:

Erin Marie said...

ok so my friend found this blog readability test.
http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

his blog was elementary school and so was mine. i blame my journalism training. i decided to try yours b/c i though it was a contender for the genius category... and i was correct. impressive.