Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Flood of Truth

Destroy my hopes and you destroy me.

I've struggled with despair lately. I've been reminded of truth about the past and lied to about the future. I feel like my heart is crushed and my dreams dead.

So, if you think of it, pray for me. I'm preparing to teach a series on Christmas, Advent, Hope, and Reality. It's not chance that I struggle with despair while I prepare to teach on hope.

  • Pray that the great, true story will flood my mind and heart so that the the little stories drown, the lies that cause me to despair. That great, true story is God's, it is the gospel. It started before the universe and ends after it disappears.

  • Pray, not just for my teaching, but because I need to look up and see something and someone worth living for.

No comments: