Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wedding Week Update

I get married this week.

*That sentence is passive as if something is happening to me instead of me doing something.

I marry Emily Christine Frost this week.

*That's better.

Random Details:
  • Monday and Tuesday have been 15 hour work days.
  • I fly up to Illinois on Wednesday and won't have to say goodbye to Emma again.
  • I've got the rings.
  • I'm really excited to hear my Dad's challenge to Emma and I during the ceremony and to go to breakfast with him on Saturday.
  • We've got a cabin in the Ozarks called "Bear Hollow" for the honeymoon.
Other Assorted Thoughts:
  • My Mom is very funny. Her stories crack me up. Her blog is called Feeding My Flock
  • I want to be wary of softening the gospel. Everything is acceptable in Austin, and I find it easy to soften the gospel. H. Richard Neibuhr defined liberal Christianity this way
    A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross.
  • I've been very envious lately of how easy life seems to be for other people, specifically for other couples. But I wouldn't give up who I am, what I have, and what I do to get what others are, have, and do. I am pursuing my calling, have a good woman who loves me, and am caught up in God's great plan to make himself famous. I am spending my life the same way I would if money were no object.

No comments: